Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement
TRUBAHAMIANFOODTOURS.COM Effective Date: Dec 1 2012
It is your responsibility to read and understand all of the terms and conditions. Once you have purchased tickets, made a deposit or paid directly for private groups, you have read and agree to the following binding policies:
1. Intellectual Property. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with the Site including, for example and without limitation, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by the Company, and/or the Company’s affiliated entities, licensors and/or suppliers. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you operate a website and wish to link to the Site, you may do so upon written notice to the Company, provided you agree to immediately cease such link upon request from the Site. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of the Site. The permitted use described in this paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with this Agreement.
You may not, without the prior, written approval of the Company: (i) republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache, (ii) distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, (iii) modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content, or (iv) scrape or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Site in any way that affects the user’s experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
Requests to use Content for any purpose other than as permitted in this Agreement should be directed to the email address listed below under the heading “Contact Us.”
2. Infringement Complaints. The Site respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe your rights have been infringed and/or are aware of any infringing material on the Site, please contact us at the email address listed below under the heading “Contact Us.”
3. User-Provided Information and Content. By providing information to, communicating with, and/or placing material on the Site (collectively, “User-Provided Content”), you represent and warrant that you, in consideration of being allowed to use the Site, irrevocably and unconditionally grant, transfer and assign all right, title and interest in and to the User-Provided Content to the Company, its affiliates and related entities, including the Site. You represent and warrant that, as a result of this grant, transfer and assignment, you will retain no ownership rights in and to the User-Provided Content whatsoever. You acknowledge and agree that all rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you and that you are waiving any claim against the Company, the Site, and the affiliates of the foregoing, arising directly or indirectly out of the User-Provided Content.
Without limiting the other provisions of this Agreement in any way, you represent, warrant, acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Company solely owns all Content and User-Provided Content and retains the unfettered right to modify any portion of the Site; and (ii) the Company will, in its sole discretion, be constantly making changes to the Site by modifying, adding or eliminating features, functions and abilities.
4. Transactions and e-commerce on our site. During your visit to the Site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product or a service. To serve you most efficiently, credit card transactions and order fulfillment may be handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet or offline. If you’re concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call us and place your order by phone. The Company and the Site cannot take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears or is promoted. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree that the Company and the Site are not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
5. Communications with Third Parties Through The Site. Your dealings or communications through the Site with any party other than the Company and the Site are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of the Site may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In certain cases, these transactions will be conducted by our third-party partners and vendors. Under no circumstances will the Company or the Site be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party’s policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
During your visit to the Site you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. You may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. The Company and the Site are not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on such a feature or page.
6. Chat Rooms and Message Boards. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (the “Chat Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Chat Content originated. This means that you, and not the Company or the Site, are entirely responsible for all Chat Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site and its chat rooms, message boards and the like. The Company and the Site do not control the Chat Content posted on the Site and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Chat Content. You understand that by using any chat rooms, message boards and the like on the Site, you may be exposed to Chat Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the Company or the Site be liable in any way for any Chat Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Chat Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Chat Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site.
Without limiting the other provisions of this Agreement in any way, you agree to not use the Site to: (i) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) harm minors in any way; (iii) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Company or Site official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (iv) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Chat Content transmitted through the Site; (v) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (vi) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (vii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; (viii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (ix) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges; (x) interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
(xi) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law; (xii) provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act; (xii) “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or (xiii) collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You acknowledge that the Company and/or the Site may or may not pre-screen Chat Content, but that Company and the Site shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Chat Content that is available via the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company and the Site shall have the right to remove any Chat Content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Chat Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Chat Content.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that the Company and the Site may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Chat Content if required to do so by law, or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Chat Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company, the Site, Site users and the public.
7. Right to Distribute Media: You agree to grant the Company an irrevocable royalty-free worldwide license to use photos and videos taken on its food tours in which you may appear. The Company has the right to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, exhibit, edit, digitize or in any other way use the Material by any means and in any form of media, whether existing now or created later, without restriction worldwide, by incorporating the Material into its website, catalogues, books, brochures, magazines or any other publications, or any informational, commercial, promotional or advertising material (henceforth known collectively as the “Works”). You agree that the company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all title, rights and interest in the Material and the Works, including copyright thereof.
8. Cancellations and rescheduling: No refunds are granted as all of the foods are pre-paid and your space is guaranteed at the tour. We will gladly accept date changes no less than 24 hours prior to the tour date. No shows or late arrivals will not be able to refunded or rescheduled. Subject to availability. No refunds are granted.
9. Checking in: During the automated purchase process with the Eztix system, you must review all booking details. We check in attendees with A) a physical printed copy or e-copy of your e-ticket or B) confirmation of the participant’s first and last name given to the tour guide.
10. Arriving late: Please note that tour guides are not able to wait for guests arriving late. Please make sure to make the necessary arrangements to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour. We are on a schedule with all the venues we visit. Also note that we are not able to take your phone calls if you are running late as are not able to interrupt the tour guide once the tour started.
11. Weather Conditions: We conduct tours rain or shine, including in the presence of hot and humid weather. If you have purchased a ticket and decided you do not want to continue with the tour, you will not be reimbursed for the ticket price. You are responsible for yourself and your own safety.
12. Tru Bahamian Food Tours’ Cancellation of a Tour: On occasion, we are forced to cancel our food tours and cooking classes as we depend on third parties to accommodate our guests. If we need to cancel a tour, full ticket price will be refunded back your account or credit card.
13. Dietary restrictions. In most cases we are able to accommodate food allergies or restrictions. Please note: you are responsible for notifying Tru Bahamian Food Tours know at the time of purchase or in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If a substitution is not available for that particular tasting item, you agree that you acknowledge and understand and that it is your personal consent to consume those items or not. Please refer to WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS that you must accept during the ticket purchasing process.
14. Tru Bahamian Food Tours is not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on its tours or cooking classes. Tru Bahamian Food Tours acts solely as agent in arranging tours, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees. Please refer to WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS that you must accept during the ticket purchasing process.
15. General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. While the Company and the Site use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. The Company and the Site do not represent or warrant that use of any Content will not inadvertently infringe rights of third parties. The Company and the Site have no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided or posted by others.
USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER THE COMPANY, THE SITE, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. THE COMPANY, THE SITE, AND THE AFFILIATES OF THE FOREGOING ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR THE SITE, INCLUDING THEIR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OF THE SITE, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, THE SITE, OR THEIR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
16. Indemnity. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE COMPANY AND THE SITE, EACH OF THEIR PARENT AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, TRADE DISPARAGEMENT, PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT) AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY ALLEGATION REGARDING: (1) YOUR USE OF THE SITE; (2) THE COMPANY OR THE SITE’S USE OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE, AS LONG AS SUCH USE IS NOT INCONSISTENT WITH THIS AGREEMENT; (3) INFORMATION OR MATERIAL POSTED OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT, EVEN IF NOT POSTED BY YOU; (4) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THE FOOD AND CULTURAL WALKING TOURS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE; AND (5) ANY VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU.
17. Waiver and Release of Claims- Walking Tours and Cooking Classes. By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in the food tasting and cultural walking tours and cooking classes offered by the Company, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, you understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the Company will rely on same:
A. You desire to participate in the food tasting and cultural walking tours or cooking classes offered by the Company (the “Tours”);
B. You are in good health and suffer from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make you especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Agreement (including, without limitation, this Section 9);
C. You fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with your participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death;
D. You grant to Company and Company’s assigns the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
E. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH OR ON YOUR BEHALF, HEREBY FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE COMPANY, THE COMPANY’S RELATED AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES, THE PRESENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF THE FOREGOING (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, Alanna Rodgers, Food Connect Media INC, (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES FOR DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU, TO ANY ONE ELSE, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON YOUR BEHALF, FURTHER AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND TO HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS; and
F. This Section 17 is in addition to, and not a limitation of, the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
18. International Users. The Site is controlled, operated and administered from within the Commonwealth of The Bahamas. The Company and the Site make no representation that materials, Content, or Chat Content available through the Site are appropriate or available for use outside the Bahamas and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export the Content or Chat Content in violation of Bahamian export laws and regulations. If you access the Site from a location outside The Bahamas, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
19. Miscellaneous: The Company and the Site reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time in its sole discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by posting such changes. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of any amended agreement shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. The Company and the Site may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of the Site, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. The Company and the Site may deny access to any person or user at any time for any reason. In addition, The Company and the Site may at any time transfer rights and obligations under this Agreement to any affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires the Company, the Site or any of their assets.
20. Contact Us. To contact the Company:
TRU BAHAMIAN FOOD TOURS, LTD.